Sunday 6 April 2014

Squirrels mating, Spring 2014

Now, I've been thinking of a tasteful way of putting this... but frankly have yet to find any option that does not degenerate into boyish giggling when passed around my family... so a quick update on the Owl Squirrel box.  All has been fairly quiet, except for an occasional peek.

However, this changed this morning with some frantic squirrel-on-squirrel action:

Yes I realise this is a little childish of me....
Had a particularly interesting moment when dealing with the observation from one of my (young) kids, that "Daddy, they really do like a long fight, don't they?".  From the short video clip below this is evidently true.

This is the first time they've been filmed as a pair, and I hope it bodes well for the possibility that we'll hear the pitter-patter of tiny squirrel feet.  According to Wikipedia (so it must be true, right?), gestation is approx 40 days, so expect squirrel babies mid May.  We're quite excited here!


No comments:

Post a Comment